Longest post yet.
It’s been a week since the domain name was set up. Putting in around 12 hours a day since its inception. Working through technicalities and learning along the way. I’ve never built a website before though I’ve been through some random virtual web design short courses. It’s never the same as the platform for learning then was wordpress.
Even with my own personal cloud, I could not get audio files to playback on the web host without re-uploading into it; and I’m not going to buy more cloud space nor bandwidth on the webhost. I found the most logical solution, ie, use of podcast, something which I had wanted to setup at least 15 months back. For Dhamma to proliferate well, it needs to be properly hosted so that it can reach a wider audience. Yes, the audio setup is now available on Google Podcast and Spotify, no kidding. I don’t know how I did it but yes, it’s up! More research and much more work. Now, I need to integrate the podcast with downloadable mp3, pdfs and videos. The webhost platform isn’t easy at all to create tables. But what’s ought to be done must be done, I must organise it properly so that it is convenient for all to access.
Organising data files, another uphill task for the past week and it’s ongoing. It’s a slow climb as I have to extract audio, rename, tag, upload on both pcloud and podcasts and then create the links on the webpage. But in the process, I found some gems, to be revealed later after I get at least 50% of how I think Dhammawitz should look like up and running. And yes, it’s parallel development for both laptop and smart devices. I will get through this, just like how I get though other seemingly impossible projects. Except that this one, I design it as I go along, I learn and cross technical hurdles as I go along.
Whatever will be, will be.